This Privacy Notice applies to you if you are;
- A customer
- A prospective customer
- A supplier
- A prospective supplier
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
1. Who we are
Barron Wood Distribution Limited uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
2. How to contact us
Please contact our Data Protection Manager, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
Write to: Barron Wood Distribution Limited, Brook Lane, Much Hoole, Preston, Lancashire, PR4 5JB Telephone: 01772 610160
3. The personal information we collect and use
a) Information collected by us
In the course of our business activities we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Names of individual contacts
- Email addresses of individual contacts
- Addresses of individual contacts
- Telephone and fax numbers of individual contacts
4. How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- To provide and maintain a service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
- To monitor the usage of our service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- Carry out or exercise our rights and obligations arising from any orders
- Notify you of progress of any issues in fulfilling your order agreements we made
- For after sales support
5. Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal data with third parties, including third-party service providers, in order to deliver our end to end service to you as our customer.
We may also share your data with third parties in the following circumstances;
(a) if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so;
(b) if it is necessary to do so to enforce our contractual rights;
(c) to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity; (d) where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons and/or;
(e) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
6. Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of individual contact names, email addresses, telephone numbers and fax numbers, are required from you to enable us to carry out our contractual obligations. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
￼7. How long your personal information will be kept
We will retain your data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the required services to be provided to you. It will not be retained indefinitely of for reasons incompatible with relevant data protections legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
8. Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
Our lawful bases for collecting and using your personal data are Legitimate Interest and that such collection and usage of personal data is necessary for the performance of or relating to a contract(s).
We only process data proportionately and in the least intrusive manner possible.
9. Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We may share some of your personal information with third parties outside of the EEA.
Where the countries to which your personal information is transferred do not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of the UK, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place.
10. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Website: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to our Data Protection Manager
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
11. Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
12. How to complain
We hope that our Data Protection Manager, can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your personal information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or The Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5A.
￼13. Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via we want you to feel reassured in terms of how we handle your personal data and so we aim to meet high standards.
We reserve the right to change this notice as and when required and in doing so, we will inform you – usually by email, by post and/or by publishing the updated content to our website.
14. Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).
We thank you for taking the time to read this notice.